Finding a therapist for an adolescent can be tricky. Teens seek someone who will understand them and feel heard. Parents are looking for someone who will ensure their children are in a non-judgmental space to help them grow and learn the coping skills they need to feel better. We are here to help both of you.
How can therapy help your teen?
- Learn how to reduce stress
- Improve academic performance
- Increase communication with peers and parents
- Find ways to reduce depression symptoms
- Learn how to gain control of your anxiety symptoms
- Find appropriate ways to express emotions
- Increase self-confidence
- Manage feelings of anger and learn safe ways to express them
- Reduce test anxiety
- Other areas of focus may be bullying, gender identity, sexual orientation, social norms, and much more
The choice to start therapy is the decision of both the parent and the teen. Ensure we find the right therapist for your adolescents needs we will need to set up a free 15 minute consultation appointment to learn more about you, your teen and the specific therapeutic needs you both are seeking.
Meet Your Therapist
My name is Sevil Gonen. I am the founder and CEO of Three Figs Counseling Center. Licensed and Marriage Family Therapist in California (110795) located in Davis, CA. I customized my approach for each client’s needs. Because I utilize a combination of emotion focused therapy, attachment based therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy each clients treatment differs. From the moment we connect on the phone, my focus is to learn your goals and needs for therapy. Therapy can have a lasting and meaningful effect on your life. I want to make sure we are a good fit. And this is exactly why I take the time for a phone consultation. I’m looking forward to meeting you and helping you grow into the best version of yourself.
(530) 341-2016 or contact me
Still have questions? We are here to answer all your questions