Postpartum Moms Support Group
For First-Time Moms
This 6-week virtual group will discuss topics important to its members including, strategies for coping and adjusting as a new mom, individual and collective challenges we face as first-time parents, process emotions, and provide tools to better support you on your path as a new mom.
Must be located in California. Be a first-time mom, 2 years postpartum or less. Space is limited. Register today!
Our 1st cohort of members starts May 25, 2022!
Group meets virtually on Wednesdays at 9:30am
Cost is $50/group or $250 for 6 weeks
Meet Your Group Guide
Kate Singer LMFT 92100/LPCC 4605, I love working with growing families and believe that you are deserving of extra support and love as you go through your parenting journey. From my own personal experience as a parent as well as learning through the experiences of my clients, I believe that being a parent requires us to be vulnerable, compassionate, brave, reflective, and curious. We put baby’s needs first and often don’t attend to our own. We hold our baby, but who is holding us? This group’s intention is to create a safe, non-judgmental, and supportive space to explore the individual and collective challenges we face as parents. In this group, I intend to create a safe place to process emotions and provide tools to better support you on your path, as a new mom.
Kate currently has a few openings for new individual and couples clients.
Click here to get to know if Kate might be the right therapist for you!
- Who is this group for? First-time moms, postpartum within the last 2 years or less. You do not currently have thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
- When will we meet? Wednesdays at 9:30am
- Where will we meet? We will meet virtually on a HIPAA-compliant platform. We will provide this information after a screen consultation.
- What happens if I miss a group day? Please notify your group facilitator if you think you will be unable to attend the group. We have a 24 hr cancellation policy for our regular therapy sessions and we ask members to please call, email or text if they feel they can not make a meeting. We will charge for those who do not contact us or now show the day of the session.
- Will this group be a safe space? Yes! We absolutely want this to be a safe space for everyone to connect, build community, and continue a journey of self-discovery and growth. Our group guide strives to always create a sense of safety, non-judgmental, and the ability to hear everyone’s experiences and make space for all topics.
- What’s the difference between a closed group? Versus an open group? A closed group is when members begin at the same time, traveling through their support series together as a cohort. There are no new members added after the 6-week group has begun. An open group is when members can start and stop a group each week. This changes the work in the group, a sense of safety, and the ability to share freely. For this reason, we have created this 6-week group to be a closed group. We want members to feel comfortable and safe sharing in this community.
- What’s the size of the group? Groups are limited to 8 members. Space is limited. We keep the groups small intentionally. Please contact us if you think you’d like to be a part of this wonderful group.
- If the group is full, what do I do? We have a waitlist for our next 6-week series. We will contact you as soon as we have space in the group. We also offer individual sessions for those who would like to start therapy immediately.
- Why do you need to be in California for virtual sessions? In California, therapists are limited to being licensed within the state of California to be able to see clients here. We are unable at this time to see clients outside of California, only because we are not licensed in other states.
- What happens if I go on vacation outside of California? Can I still join the group? Unfortunately, we would ask that you going us when you return to California. State licensing laws keep us from being able to see a client outside of California, even if they are only on vacation for a few days to weeks.
Still have questions? Please reach out!
We would love to answer all your questions